Artistic Point of View

As I said last night at the first (wonderful!) read-through, I'm very excited to be working on this show, finally.
All of my experience with this show has been from a purely acedemic view point, i.e. analyzing the structure, characters, what works, what doesn't, and why. I've written many papers on this show, some of which even got an "A". Joking. None of them did. All "B"s.
What? I was in college. Shows and friends came first, then school work. Still got a 3.25 GPA though, kids.
Anyway, I'm thrilled that I finally get to work on this show from an artistic point of view now. I get to actually watch people say the lines and move and think and feel and listen. The play is finally a living, breathing, albeit young, creature. This is opposed to studying what felt like an ancient artifact. Like the Rossetta Stone. A big, giant intimidating rock.
But now, it's beginning to come to life. It's shaping and coloring and grabbing us, as I'm sure you felt last night. (BTW: Don and Maddox- The Prior/Harper dream/hallucination was AMAZING!)
That's what I'm feeling. That and total bordom here at work. I wish I could work on Angels for 40 hours a week and get paid for it...
See you all for the 1st night of blocking. Bring pencils and erasers!!!

0 Responses to “Artistic Point of View”

Post a Comment

Donate now!

Artists/Collaborators

  • Gabriel Shanks
  • Artistic Director

  • Erik C. Bruce
  • Allen Cutler
  • Shannon Maddox
  • Kay Mitchell
  • Jeni Shanks
  • Artistic Associates

  • Charles Borkhuis
  • Erin Browne
  • Oscar Castillo
  • Jane Ann Crum
  • Robbie Heacock
  • Shannon Hunt
  • Jeffrey James Keyes
  • Barbara Lanciers
  • Leonard Madrid
  • Gretchen Michelfeld
  • Christopher Mirto
  • Catherine Porter
  • Juanita Rockwell
  • Barry Rowell
  • Jeni Shanks
  • Nomi Tichman
  • Mary Ann Walsh


  • Zipcar: wheels when you want them. Learn more.


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Madshag Performance Group | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.