Getting Started...

So this is pretty cool. I'm just hangin' out, looking around our new blog. I have to tell you that if you told me last year that I would be here I would have thought you were...and I'm not saying you're not...CRAZY! I remember not too long ago being TOTALLY opposed to even email. OK so enough about my lack of techno knowledge. None the less, I have DEFINITELY bitten off more than I can chew. As you know by now, I have agreed to produce, costume, act in and be all around den mother to a little ditty called Angels In F*^&in' America. What the H E double toothpicks was I thinking. And truthfully I have no one to blame but ModFab himself. He knew I couldn't handle this but he let me talk him into it anyway. Some crap about me and him together and for the love of art...blahblahblah. WELL, I'LL SHOW HIM.

OK, all kidding aside, I can't tell you how numb I feel. I can't really even speak about the process. Something to do with trial and error. If there's one thing I've learned from years of costuming is that all you can do, is all you can do. I just keep my head down and move forward. I had set very lofty goals for myself at the beginning of this so I could really focus on the rehearsal process when we get there. I always enjoy the rehearsal/planning process more than I look forward to the actual performance itself. The journey really turns me on. I guess I feel as though, even as an actor, that my job is done once we open. I've done the work. Did I mention I haven't been this excited about a project...in like...EVER! And I've been apart of some cool a#& sh*t! (sorry about the punctuation I don't know if I can cuss yet) At this point it's not even about the actual play itself. It's about showing the world this really cool thing we've created. xo,s.

1 Responses to “Getting Started...”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Girl, you can totally cuss. I love your first blog post...I feel like a proud papa!  

Post a Comment

Donate now!

Artists/Collaborators

  • Gabriel Shanks
  • Artistic Director

  • Erik C. Bruce
  • Allen Cutler
  • Shannon Maddox
  • Kay Mitchell
  • Jeni Shanks
  • Artistic Associates

  • Charles Borkhuis
  • Erin Browne
  • Oscar Castillo
  • Jane Ann Crum
  • Robbie Heacock
  • Shannon Hunt
  • Jeffrey James Keyes
  • Barbara Lanciers
  • Leonard Madrid
  • Gretchen Michelfeld
  • Christopher Mirto
  • Catherine Porter
  • Juanita Rockwell
  • Barry Rowell
  • Jeni Shanks
  • Nomi Tichman
  • Mary Ann Walsh


  • Zipcar: wheels when you want them. Learn more.


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Madshag Performance Group | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.