Look Out Baltimore – An Angel Approaches!

Four weeks and counting. Opening approaches. This is David and I am ecstatic to be playing the role of Belize in Angels. Thank you Gabriel and Shannon! Before we started the rehearsal process, I thought the whole idea of mounting such a complex show in just a month – weekends only nonetheless – was a pretty much insane idea. I still think it’s completely insane! However, after the first full weekend of rehearsals, I have just as much, if not more, confidence than shows I’ve rehearsed for months on end.

I think, actually I KNOW, my confidence stems from my deep admiration for everyone that is making this happen. First, there’s the kick-ass production team. We’ve got a director (Gabriel) who is so insightful, prepared, devoted, passionate, professional, knowledgeable, and excited that it shows at each and every rehearsal. Our costume designer (Shannon) is just overflowing with creative ideas– color palettes, accessories, etc – all while working with Gabriel on production AND learning the ever-so-difficult role of Harper. Our very own dramaturg, Andrew, helps us make sense of the small details– after all, some of us were wee babies in the years Angels took place and need some help looking into the culture of that time. ☺ And to top it all off – we’ve got an SM (Shannon H.) that knows how to keep us in our place! When we add the talented light and sound designers to the mix, we’ve got a formula that is bound to be a sensation.

Then of course, there’s the extremely talent cast. I can’t say enough about how excited we all are to be working on this together. We know we have a challenge ahead of us, but it’s clear that we are all committed 200% to make this happen. I don’t want to repeat what people have said but we are so diverse in our acting backgrounds, I think it only adds to the quality of the shows you will see. We’re learning from each other, we’re helping each other, and above all, I think that we are all growing professionally. It was so inspiring to watch people work on their scenes at rehearsals – it made you want to work harder than you’ve ever worked in your life. This is such an ensemble show and I think a close-knit group of actors is a must. And just after the first weekend, I think we’ve quickly adjusted to one another.

I think I have blabbed enough for now, so I will spare you the Belize characterization comments for a future entry. Plus, I am writing this at my day job…so I have to get back to work. I have plenty of fabulous things to say about my fellow actors ¬– and those will become clear as you journey with us through the rehearsal process. Read on my friends because it only gets better from here! David (Belize)

0 Responses to “Look Out Baltimore – An Angel Approaches!”

Post a Comment

Donate now!

Artists/Collaborators

  • Gabriel Shanks
  • Artistic Director

  • Erik C. Bruce
  • Allen Cutler
  • Shannon Maddox
  • Kay Mitchell
  • Jeni Shanks
  • Artistic Associates

  • Charles Borkhuis
  • Erin Browne
  • Oscar Castillo
  • Jane Ann Crum
  • Robbie Heacock
  • Shannon Hunt
  • Jeffrey James Keyes
  • Barbara Lanciers
  • Leonard Madrid
  • Gretchen Michelfeld
  • Christopher Mirto
  • Catherine Porter
  • Juanita Rockwell
  • Barry Rowell
  • Jeni Shanks
  • Nomi Tichman
  • Mary Ann Walsh


  • Zipcar: wheels when you want them. Learn more.


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Madshag Performance Group | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.