Can we go to your parent's house?

It's almost 4am after another long weekend of rehearsals and feather making and I can't get to sleep.
After our seventeen hours of rehearsal and five hours of production meetings (give or take a few minutes for coffee and puppies) over the last three days, instead of going home and relaxing I went to the fabric store with Shannon Maddox and we ended up going back to her house to work on costumes because we open in less than twenty days.
While that scares me for so many reasons, I am now getting to the reason for this post.
At some point during the evening she and I were talking about the show and rehashing the weekend and after a few seconds of silence I turned to her and said, "This show is really going to be great, isn't it?" Her response: "Yeah, I really think it is."
While there has been bickering and issues and roadblocks and seeming insurmountable problems, and while I know as sure as I'm sitting here there will be many more to come, I am so excited about October 13th I am about to shit in my crib.
It really is going to be awesome.
I am so proud of and excited by each of my actors and designers and ASM (I really do thank God for you everyday, Andrew) and am giddy at the idea of the finished product.
I know, I know, I'm a big dork, but what can I say?
That's just the way I roll.
xox,
Shannon H.

0 Responses to “Can we go to your parent's house?”

Post a Comment

Donate now!

Artists/Collaborators

  • Gabriel Shanks
  • Artistic Director

  • Erik C. Bruce
  • Allen Cutler
  • Shannon Maddox
  • Kay Mitchell
  • Jeni Shanks
  • Artistic Associates

  • Charles Borkhuis
  • Erin Browne
  • Oscar Castillo
  • Jane Ann Crum
  • Robbie Heacock
  • Shannon Hunt
  • Jeffrey James Keyes
  • Barbara Lanciers
  • Leonard Madrid
  • Gretchen Michelfeld
  • Christopher Mirto
  • Catherine Porter
  • Juanita Rockwell
  • Barry Rowell
  • Jeni Shanks
  • Nomi Tichman
  • Mary Ann Walsh


  • Zipcar: wheels when you want them. Learn more.


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Madshag Performance Group | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.