Still Flying....

So here we are - with just two weekends left until we close. I am actually surprised that there haven' t been more comments posted throughout the run of the show, but it's understandable that many of us have other things to attend to during the week. Yeah, who needs a life anyways?

Well, for those of you that don't have the pleasure of being with us throughout our run, here are a couple of fun highlights since we've opened:

- getting busted Mr. Director Shanks for talking about Paris Hilton and brown socks during our pre-show discussions. (I swear that those two topics have plenty to do with the show!)

- having way too much fun at the cast party that lasted until around 5am.

- 2 readings of the entire play that we had for Free Fall Baltimore at Mica and University of Baltimore. It was basically a staged reading of the entire show, since we were missing original cast members for other conflicts. But I think that Shannon H, Andrew, Robbie, David Allen, and the rest of us did a phenomenal job at covering. Some scenes were a sight to be seen...me as the homeless woman for instance.

- and of course, our rave reviews!

Anyways, I can definitely say it's been a challenge to keep the material fresh once we continued with the run. You have to be careful not to fall into the rut of just saying lines - it's easy to do, trust me! I guess the trick is to make it feel as exciting as the day we opened.

I must say, I find it more and more enjoyable to go and do the show with people that I genuinely adore. They make my job easier and more fun....and in fact, it never feels like it's a chore. And all I can say is that I have heard some preliminary discussions on Perestroika: Part II of Angels in America, and I am sooooo excited. Let's get this thing started already. Look at me, this show is not even over and I am trying to move onto the next installment! hehehee.

That's it for now - and I hope that if you haven't come out to see our show, you are truly missing out on a wonderful masterpiece, both artistically and literally.

For now,

David (Belize)
PS. Shannon, I am lovlier than Kurt - I see how you are...easily swayed by a couple of martinis (7 to be exact), 3 sangria cups, 4 chicken skewers, 1/2 lb. of crab dip, chips, 4 snickers bars, and countless cigarettes. Are you really that predictable? :)

0 Responses to “Still Flying....”

Post a Comment

Donate now!

Artists/Collaborators

  • Gabriel Shanks
  • Artistic Director

  • Erik C. Bruce
  • Allen Cutler
  • Shannon Maddox
  • Kay Mitchell
  • Jeni Shanks
  • Artistic Associates

  • Charles Borkhuis
  • Erin Browne
  • Oscar Castillo
  • Jane Ann Crum
  • Robbie Heacock
  • Shannon Hunt
  • Jeffrey James Keyes
  • Barbara Lanciers
  • Leonard Madrid
  • Gretchen Michelfeld
  • Christopher Mirto
  • Catherine Porter
  • Juanita Rockwell
  • Barry Rowell
  • Jeni Shanks
  • Nomi Tichman
  • Mary Ann Walsh


  • Zipcar: wheels when you want them. Learn more.


XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Madshag Performance Group | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.